Content Engine supports property and content-based searching. Key capabilities of search include the
• A single search can span multiple object stores in different databases.
• Workplace users can search for documents, folders, and custom objects. Searches can be designed to
specify multiple folders, including a common folder name used in multiple object stores.
• Content-based searching using IBM FileNet P8 Content Search Engine supports extensive content
search capabilities that account for misspelled words, typographical errors, phonetic searching, word
stem searching, synonym expansion, and wildcard searching.
• Content searches return matches on properties and content.
Search results can optionally be displayed in a “document summary” format, which includes a brief text summary extracted from result documents.
• Search results can be ranked by relevancy.
• Searching makes use of the Autonomy multilingual features.
• Bulk operations can be performed on search results in Enterprise Manager, where the operations can
be scripted, or selected from a set of predefined operations such as delete, cancel checkout, file, unfile, and change security.
• Searches can be created and stored for easy execution of common queries.
• Search templates provide a simple user interface for entering search criteria.
• Shortcuts to searches can be saved so it is easy to find them later.
• Searches can be expanded to retrieve documents, folders, and custom objects in the same search
Custom MIME Type not working Symptom You want to use a new MIME Type in IBM Content Navigator, for example application/dita+xml. You...
Events provide a mechanism for initiating actions that are invoked when objects are created and modified in, and deleted from, an object sto...
Most users think of a document as a file they create with an application such as Word. The user stores the document in the document managem...
P8 Installation involves these steps: 1. Install & configure CE:: a) Install Content Engine b) Install FileNet Enterprise Manager ...