FileNet P8 eForms allows customers to create and manage online forms in a Web browser that can
appear the same as hard copy paper forms, yet are more advanced, easier to use, and less costly to
implement. Online forms created using eForms Designer can reduce data entry time, improve data
accuracy, and are the first step in streamlining and accelerating transaction processing.
eForms provides the ability to process electronic forms as stand-alone documents or to use an electronic form as the user interface for business process workflow. eForms allows creation of high-fidelity, highly intelligent electronic forms without custom programming.
eForms provides the following features and benefits that are ready for you to use without modification.
Forms as a type of document:
• Can be filled out, saved, and stored using Workplace.
• Are tightly integrated with other FileNet P8 features such as document classes and entry templates.
• Use document property mapping to automatically populate form data document metadata with
values from the form when the form is saved.
• Incorporate digital signatures.
Forms to process workflows:
• Include all of the features of document forms and allow tight integration with Process Engine and
• Automatically map values in the form to workflow data fields for use in process decisions.
• Map values from workflow data fields to form fields to pre-fill the form with process-specific data.
• Act as the user interface to workflow steps:
• Features such as data checking and error messages make the workflow process easy to manage
for the user and minimize data entry errors.
• Fields on the form can be linked to workflow data fields without having to write HTML code and
• Page display can be controlled at each workflow step.
Form Policy WizardA form policy is an object store document that describes how a particular form is to be used. There are two types of form policies: one for document forms and one for workflow forms. It is the form policy document that a user clicks when he wants to create a new form.
The form policy wizard is a point-and-click interface within Workplace that allows you to create form policy documents. This interface requires no coding and allows you to specify many form behaviors including:
• Which form template to display.
• The Entry Template used to store the form data in the object store.
• The mapping of form data to document properties.
• Simple customization of the form window’s interface to add HTML banners and sidebars.
In addition, for workflow policies you can specify:
• Whether the form is the primary content of a step, displayed directly in the step processor user
• Which pages of the form are to be displayed at a particular step.
Custom MIME Type not working Symptom You want to use a new MIME Type in IBM Content Navigator, for example application/dita+xml. You...
Events provide a mechanism for initiating actions that are invoked when objects are created and modified in, and deleted from, an object sto...
Most users think of a document as a file they create with an application such as Word. The user stores the document in the document managem...
The Image Services Resource Adaptor (ISRA) is a set of Java classes for interacting with IBM FileNet Image Services. These classes conform ...